[Play Session 2]
As Brandis fells the last of the bandits, the caravan master, Krag, hollered out “We better get these supplies to Aegis, they may need some of them”. And with that, the caravan began moving towards Aegis again. As the party entered the outer gates of Aegis they noticed that most of the damage sustained from the attack on the city was actually limited to just a few buildings and no one was seriously hurt during the raid. The caravan made its way through the city streets and finally came to rest back at the warehouse from which it started. Warehouse crews quickly descended upon the wagons and started unloading them. Captain Dunhall emerged from the StormBlades office and motioned for the party to meet him inside.
The party was debriefed by Captain Dunhall and he explained that a rider from Babrsheath had arrived last week with one of the notes that they had discovered. He further explained that he had doubled the patrols and had actually learned of the attack a few days ago. He also said that he had sent spies out into the surrounding area to learn more about the group calling themselves the Black Dragons. He said was still waiting on one last report and that the group needed to go get some well deserved rest. Aunt Mable at “The Fluffy Pillow” had rooms waiting on them and they were to report back at 8am the next day.
Dayereth did not sleep well that night. He kept having a odd dream that repeated itself all night.
In the dream, 4 people were searching for something. Dayereth was not one of the 4. He was merely a bystander and no one noticed him. He was moving among the people but no one could see or hear him. At times it seemed as if he was looking down on them from above.
At the apex of the dream, it ends as a sea of red engulfs the group. Then the dream repeats.
Dayereth does not mention his odd dream to anyone.
The next day the party arrived on time and were ushered into the briefing room again. Captain Dunhall explained that the last spy still had not returned so they were free to do whatever they wanted to do that day. Before they left, Captain Dunhall gave each party member a StormBlades Initiate Medallion. The rest of the party learned that Brandis had been in possession of a large solid gold StormBlades Medallion that Captain Dunhall asked him to place it into a small wooden box. He told Brandis that he would keep it safe and that when the time came, he would return it to him and that Quentin would have been very proud that Brandis wore his medallion. Nothing more was said about the gold medallion.
After the ceremony, Captain Dunhall explained that he knew he had promised each of them 1000gp each if they completed the mission but in reality, the StormBlades coffers were depleted. He had raised enough gold that he could give them 200gp each. He went on to say that the Aegis merchant guild was so thankful for what the party had done for them that they had raised their own reward. Captain Dunhall handed them the Merchant Guild letter and asked them if this would be enough to cover their fees. They all agreed it would.
The Merchant Guild had acquired the following items or services for payment to the group:
1) Roksana Hackshield at “The Fox & Hound” Tavern – Free meals when they are in town
2) Aunt Mable at “The Fluffy Pillow” – A suite that’s always reserved for them
3) Vincent Coyle at “The Battered Blacksmith” – free smithy services
4) Marnia Copperhearth at “The Weaponsmith” – free sharpening services and weapons at substantial discounts.
5) Daylen Wintermere at “The Scales and Plate” – free services and armor at substantial discounts.
6) Arromar Briarfell at “The Mended Wand” – 1000gp of alchemical items and free scribing services. Other items at substantial discounts.
7) Brey Voortham at “The Thimble” – free mending services and clothing at substantial discounts.
8) Norris Blackstrand at “The Brave Cobbler” – free repair services and footwear at substantial discounts.
9) Neff Hollowpot at “The Cellar” – 1000gp of supplies
10) Fenton Bilger at “The Smoking Salmon” – 1000gp of supplies
Captain Dunhall told the group that they were free for the day and the group spent the day visiting the local merchants that had offered free services to them. At the end of a very long day, with clothing mended, weapons sharpened, they retired to their rooms at the Fluffy Pillow.
[End of Play Session 2]